Monday, December 22, 2008

iPod craziness




Since the launch of iPod , the world seems changed. Changing the way people listen to the music. We used to listen to the radio or music at home or in the car. Since the introduction of Walkman many years ago, people listen to the music in a private manner using a set of headphones.

Now everybody is using it. When i came to the States, i see everybody is wearing the headphone. It becomes an accessory wherever they go. The campus area is full of iPod that students hang them to their ears day or night. It even tags along with them when nature calls. That i believe an iPod addict.

When i was in the UK a decade ago, i was an audiophile. I bought some expensive hi-fi separate equipment that costing thousands of GBP just for the pleasure of serious listening. I admit that being audiophile is reserving your life to the sound and music. I was almost changed my degree to Audio Engineering, mind you!

The world is changing. You dont have to spend a fortune no more for a serious listening. The invasion of mp3 as a digital music file has abruptly changed our lifestyle , especially the young (and the students at the campus). They can even talk to you with the earphones on. Yes they are so addicted to mp3 players like iPod, Sony Walkman etc... Believe me, it may give you hours of pleasure listening with good definition of music that you crave for. 

I dont think Im addicted yet, as I am kinda audiophile. I still love my long serving NHT floorstanding loudspeaker, Marantz cd player, pre and power amps, Audiolab amplifier etc. 

Yes the world keeps changing, so do I...
I have two "best friends" now... iPod and Sony Walkman...
hahahaha...





2 comments:

muztika said...

ko tak update ke?

Pill Pusher said...

I must say i love my ipod - grrrr!